NeighborWorks® Blackhawk Region is committed to assuring the privacy of individuals and/or families who have contacted us for assistance. We realize that the concerns you bring us are highly personal in nature. We assure you that all personal information shared orally and/or in writing will be managed within ethical and legal considerations. Additionally, we want you to understand how we use the personal information we collect about you. Please carefully review this notice as it describes our policy regarding the collection and disclosure of your nonpublic, personal information.
What personal information does NeighborWorks® Blackhawk Region collect about you?
- Information we receive from you on applications, forms, email or verbally
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates, or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information that we receive from personal and employment references.
What information do we disclose?
- Information you provided on applications/forms or other forms of communication. This information may include your name, address, Social Security Number, employer, occupation, asset, debts and income.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency; such as your credit bureau reports, your credit and payment history, and creditworthiness.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your account balance, payment history and parties to your transaction.
To whom do we disclose?
We may disclose the following personal information to financial service providers (such as companies providing home mortgages), Federal, State and nonprofit partners and/or any other pre-authorized individuals and/or organizations. Programs offered by NeighborWorks® Blackhawk Region are funded by government grants that require program review, monitoring, auditing, research, and/or oversight requirements. We do not sell or rent your personal information.
- We may be required to provide anonymous aggregated case file information to government representatives or researchers for the purposes of evaluating our services, gathering valuable research information, and designing future programs.
- We may be required to disclose personal information about you to third parties as permitted by law.
How is your personal information secured?
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to NeighborWorks® Blackhawk Region employees who need that information in providing services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Opting out of certain disclosures
You may direct NeighborWorks® Blackhawk Region to not disclose your nonpublic personal information to third parties (other than disclosures made to project partners and those permitted by law) by calling us at 608-362-9051. However, if you choose to opt-out, we will not be able to answer questions from your creditors, which may limit NeighborWorks® Blackhawk Region’s ability to provide services such as foreclosure prevention counseling. If at any time you wish to change your decision with regard to your “opt-out,” you may call us at 608-362-9051 and do so.