Five Keys to Financial Security is a series of five 2-hr classes NeighborWorks Blackhawk Region offers to individuals to enable them to manage their finances in an effective way by learning how to make smart financial choices to achieve financial security in today’s economy.
It is offered four times per year.
Each class has a specific focus.
The individual class subjects are:
- Credit – Learn why credit is important, how to improve it, and where to get free help.
- Budgeting – Learn how to create a budget, money management options, and community resources.
- Banking – Learn about types of institutions/accounts, services and lending products.
- Homeownership – Learn about the advantages/disadvantages of owning a home and what to do in times of hardship to avoid foreclosure.
- Building Wealth – Learn about investment options, ‘pay yourself first’, education as an investment and community resources.